More than 44 million people living in the United States get annual physicals. Visiting your doctor's office at least once a year remains an extremely important part of maintaining your health.
A Health exam can tell you a lot about your body and your life choices. Even if you're eating right and working out, there could be something else going on.
There's no way to tell how healthy you are without getting Health exam lab tests.
To learn more, keep reading.
What Are Health Exams?
A Health exam is an important part of preventative care, a collection of methods to maintain Health.
One of the best parts of preventative care is that it can help healthcare workers detect and treat illnesses early, even if you aren't displaying signs or symptoms yet. By catching health problems in the early stages, you can improve your prognosis and lengthen your lifespan.
Many people who don't get Health exams believe there's no point in going to the doctor if you don't feel sick. However, there are plenty of conditions that don't show signs and symptoms until the latter stages of development, which means that you could have a fatal disease and not know until it's too late.
If you care about your health, you should be getting regular Health exams.
What Are General Health Lab Panels?
General Health lab panels look at all aspects of your health. From your thyroid to your electrolytes, these exams make sure that your body is functioning correctly.
Health exam lab tests are the best way to determine whether or not you are in good health. No matter your daily habits, it's important to make sure that your body is running well.
If your healthcare provider does determine that there is a problem with your health based on your lab test results, they can help you make the necessary changes to reverse it. However, if they catch conditions too late, there may not be a way to reverse them.
By taking advantage of these tests before things get out of hand, you'll be ensuring that you're doing everything you can to care for your body.
Benefits of General Health Lab Testing
There are plenty of reasons to get regular blood testing. Whether you think you're healthy or not, there's no way to determine your health without blood tests.
You could be developing liver disease and not know it. You could have prediabetes and only have a short time frame to reverse it. You could have positive biomarkers for heart disease risk and be totally unaware.
All of that sounds scary, but it's the truth. Things can linger or build up in our bodies without us knowing it. Getting blood work is the only way to diagnose disease.
Blood tests are also a great tool for assessing your overall health and Health. If you want to improve your eating habits or reverse a condition, your blood work is the best way to measure it.
Blood work can also check the function of each organ system. With this information, you can make more sound decisions regarding your health.
You can even look at your hormone levels to determine whether or not you have the right amount of bioavailable hormones. These levels can help physicians determine if you are at risk for depression, insulin resistance, and more.
Overall, your healthcare provider can learn a lot from your blood work. With this information, both of you can get ahead of any small problems before they become big ones. You can also learn more about your body and the things that you need to do to care for it.
Types of General Health Lab Panels
Given that there is so much to learn about the human body, it's no surprise that there are a plethora of Health exam lab panels to choose from. At Ulta Labs, we have five levels of Health testing:
Each lab test looks at many different indicators of health. Our most advanced lab panel looks at the following:
- Bilirubin - a byproduct of blood breakdown
- C-reactive protein (CRP) - a general marker of inflammation
- CBC (complete blood count) - a general blood panel
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) - a measure of electrolytes in the blood
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) - a hormone produced by the adrenal gland
- DHEA sulfate - a male sex hormone in both men and women
- Direct LDL - a measure of 'good' cholesterol
- Estradiol - a natural estrogen produced in the body
- Fibrinogen activity - a part of the clotting process
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase - an enzyme in the blood
- Hemoglobin A1C - a measure of the blood glucose over the past few months
- Homocysteine - an amino acid
- hs-CRP - a general measure of inflammation
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity -
- Lipid panel with ratios - a measure of the fat in the blood
- Lipoprotein - protein and fatty substances in the blood
- Phosphate - a measure of phosphorous in the blood
- Progesterone - a hormone released by the ovaries
- 23-Hydroxyvitamin D - a measure of the amount of vitamin D
- Sedimentation rate - the amount of time it takes for blood to settle
- T3 total - a measure of triiodothyronine
- T3 uptake - a measure of binding proteins
- T4 (thyroxine) - the level of total thyroxine
- T4, free - the level of circulating thyroxine
- Testosterone, free - a measure of the amount of male sex hormone in males and females
- TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) - a measure of the amount of important thyroid hormone
- Uric acid - a waste product found in blood
- Urinalysis - a urine panel
- von Willebrand factor antigen - this gene provides instructions for making a blood-clotting protein
All of these lab tests look at different organ systems, glands, and areas in the body. By getting all of these done, you're getting a full look at how your entire body is functioning.
With this information, you can better understand how you've been caring for your body. From there, you can make changes as needed.
Get Your Health Exam Lab Tests With Ulta Lab Tests
If it's time to get your check-up, ordering Health lab tests is crucial to improving and maintaining your health. Even if you aren't experiencing any symptoms, getting regular lab work can help reassure you that all of your levels are normal.
With this lab work, you can discover any conditions forming that you don't know about before it's too late.
Luckily, Ulta Lab Tests offers highly accurate and reliable Health exam lab tests that can help you make more informed decisions about your health.
Here are some benefits that you'll experience if you order your lab tests from Ulta Lab Tests:
- You'll get secure and confidential results
- You don't need health insurance
- You don't need a physician's referral
- You'll get affordable pricing
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Order your Health exam lab tests today, and we'll provide your results to you securely and confidentially online in 24 to 48 hours for most tests.
Take control of your health with Ulta Lab Tests today!