Regular visits to the doctor remain an important part of staying healthy in this modern-day and age. In the United States, 44 million people get annual physicals to keep tabs on their health.
A regular wellness exam can tell you much about how your body is reacting to your choices in life. Even if you are eating well and getting regular exercise, a regular physical examination can alert you to health conditions you may not know about.
One of the essential parts of a comprehensive physical examination is a wellness exam lab test.
What Are Wellness Exams?
Preventative care is a term for a gamut of methods applied to maintain wellness and avoid the need for medical treatment. A wellness exam is an important part of this.
The primary advantage of preventative care is that it can help medical professionals detect small problems early so appropriate measures can be taken to ensure these issues do not escalate to larger ones. By catching small health issues in their developmental stages, many different actions can be taken to improve the prognosis and achieve a longer and healthier life span.
Many people will forego their annual wellness exam if they feel fine, assuming there is probably nothing wrong. But there are plenty of conditions that may not reveal themselves initially, and by the time they can be detected through symptoms, the battle for recovery will be a difficult one.
If you are concerned about your health and catching small conditions before they become more serious conditions, you should consider getting a wellness exam. As a part of a proactive plan to maintain good health and wellness as long as possible, a general wellness lab test can provide you with a comprehensive look at your health.
What Are General Wellness Lab Panels?
General wellness lab panels include a series of tests that will check various important aspects of your health. From thyroid function to the composition of your blood, these exams will provide a comprehensive look at your health and ensure that your body is functioning correctly.
Wellness exam lab tests are a good way to get a deeper understanding of your health. No matter how healthy you try to be, there are many dangers to your health that can go undetected. A wellness test can ensure that no underlying issues go unnoticed. Slight irregularities in your body's chemistry can alert you to conditions that should be addressed as soon as possible.
If the test results show that you have a health problem, your healthcare provider will be there to explain what you may be experiencing. They will also help you develop a plan for making the necessary changes to reverse the condition. There may be times when a condition is not caught early enough, and there may be no way to reverse the damage done.
But by taking the time to have these tests done ahead of time, you can avoid many diseases and get a heads up on any others that may already be present.
Benefits of General Wellness Lab Testing
There are many great reasons to invest in wellness testing and regular physical checkups. Even those who feel they are in generally good health should consider the advantages of a routine wellness test.
For example, you may be incubating a serious liver disease and not even know about it. You may have prediabetes and only a very short time frame in which to reverse this debilitating condition. A wellness test may also check the biomarkers that indicate the onset of heart disease in time to take remedial action.
All of those instances may sound pretty alarming. Without wellness lab tests, many conditions can arise in the body and remain undetected until they are too far developed to do anything about.
Blood tests are the best solution to getting a clear assessment of your health. If you are looking to improve your lifestyle habits for a healthier life, a blood test can reveal what areas of your life need the most attention.
You will even be able to take a closer look at your body's biochemistry and see if there are any irregularities that need to be ironed out. For example, you can check your hormone level to ensure you have the correct amount of bioavailable hormones. Your physician can also check if you are at high risk for depression, insulin resistance, and more.
Overall, your health care provider can learn much more about your health using general wellness lab tests. Armed with this information, you and your physician can develop a plan that will allow you to get ahead of any problems detected. You can also receive some important advice on how to do small things in your life to improve your health.
Types of General Wellness Lab Panels
Given that there is so much to learn about the human body, it's no surprise that there are a plethora of health exam lab panels to choose from. At Ulta Labs, we have three levels of wellness testing:
Each lab test looks at many different indicators of health. Our most advanced lab panel looks at the following:
- Bilirubin - a byproduct of blood breakdown
- C-reactive protein (CRP) - a general marker of inflammation
- CBC (complete blood count) - a general blood panel that looks at red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) - a measure of proteins, chemicals, and electrolytes in the blood
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) - a hormone produced by the adrenal gland
- DHEA sulfate - a male sex hormone in both men and women
- Direct LDL - a measure of 'good' cholesterol
- Estradiol - a natural estrogen produced in the body
- Fibrinogen activity - a part of the clotting process
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase - an enzyme in the blood
- Hemoglobin A1C - a measure of the blood glucose over the past few months
- Homocysteine - an amino acid
- hs-CRP - a general measure of inflammation
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity - a measure of iron in your blood and your body's ability to move iron
- Lipid panel with ratios - a measure of cholesterol in the blood
- Lipoprotein - protein and fatty substances in the blood
- Phosphate - a measure of phosphorous in the blood
- Progesterone - a hormone released by the ovaries
- 23-Hydroxyvitamin D - a measure of the amount of vitamin D
- Sedimentation rate - the amount of time it takes for blood to settle
- T3 total - a measure of triiodothyronine
- T3 uptake - a measure of binding proteins
- T4 (thyroxine) - the level of total thyroxine
- T4, free - the level of circulating thyroxine
- Testosterone, free - a measure of the amount of male sex hormone in males and females
- TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) - a measure of the amount of important thyroid hormone
- Uric acid - a waste product found in blood
- Urinalysis - a urine panel
- von Willebrand factor antigen - this gene provides instructions for making a blood-clotting protein
All of these lab tests look at different organ systems, glands, and areas in the body. By getting all of these done, you're getting a full look at how your entire body is functioning.
With this information, you can better understand how you've been caring for your body and make changes as needed.
Get Your Wellness Exam Lab Tests with Ulta Lab Tests
If it has been more than a year since your last wellness checkup, it is about time to arrange your next appointment for lab testing. Even if you're not experiencing any immediate symptoms of unwellness, you will be able to rest easy knowing that your health is balanced and you are on the path to wellness.
A general wellness profile will provide you with a full readout of any conditions that could be brewing in your body that you are not aware of. If you are interested in knowing more about your health, Ulta Lab Tests offers highly accurate and reliable tests that can help you make better decisions for your health goals.
But these are only the beginning of health benefits from keeping a close eye on your health. Here are some of the further benefits from Ulta Lab Tests:
- Secure and confidential results
- No need for health insurance
- Affordable pricing
- No need for a physician's referral
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
The benefits of keeping a closer eye on your health are extensive, and you should begin your path to wellness today. Order your wellness exam tests from Ulta Lab Tests, and you will receive your results within 1-2 days for most tests.
Take control of your health today with Ulta Lab Tests!