The Drug Monitoring, Panel 1, with Confirmation, Urine test contains 1 test with 43 biomarkers.
Drug Monitoring, Panel 1, with Confirmation, Urine
Drug Monitoring, Panel 1, with Confirmation, Urine - The test is a screening assay using a homogeneous enzyme immunoassay method of analysis. Presumptive positive screen results are reflexed to a more specific and sensitive liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy (LC/MS/MS) test. Therapeutic urine drug monitoring is important for ensuring compliance to treatment strategies, as well as ensuring non-diversion for illicit purposes. Urine or oral fluid are the specimens of choice for routine monitoring of patients taking prescription drugs. Use of serum/plasma should be limited to anuretic patients, or where a patient's clinical appearance does not coincide with their prescribed medications. No single monitoring approach provides adequate information about the pattern or dose of patient drug use. Safest prescribing habits should include a combination of tools and laboratory test results to correctly detect drug use patterns. Urine drug test results equal to or greater than cutoff are reported as positive and results less than cutoff are reported as negative. Quantitative values cannot be used to assess the drug dose, because the drug is extensively metabolized and excreted in the urine.
- If you require medMATCH for this order code, you must also order code 39158 - Prescribed Drugs, medMATCH®. If 39158 is ordered, all Drug Monitoring order codes will be treated as medMATCH.
- If this test code is not ordered with 39158, all medMATCH result codes will be DNR’d.
- Initial screen of Amphetamines, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, Marijuana Metabolite, Cocaine Metabolite, Methadone Metabolite, Opiates, Oxycodone, Phencyclidine drug classes. Specimen validity consisting of Creatinine, Oxidant, and pH testing.
- If screen of drug class is positive, a confirmation of the drug class will be performed at an additional charge (CPT code(s): dependent upon the confirmed drug class).
- Confirmation includes the following analytes within their associated drug class:
- Amphetamines: Amphetamine, Methamphetamine
- Barbiturates: Amobarbital, Butalbital, Pentobarbital, Phenobarbital, Secobarbital
- Benzodiazepines: Alphahydroxyalprazolam, Alphahydroxymidazolam, Alphahydroxytriazolam, Aminoclonazepam, Hydroxyethylflurazepam, Lorazepam, Nordiazepam, Oxazepam, Temazepam
- Marijuana Metabolite: Marijuana Metabolite
- Cocaine Metabolite: Benzoylecgonine
- Methadone Metabolite: EDDP, Methadone
- Opiates: Codeine, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Morphine, Norhydrocodone
- Oxycodone: Noroxycodone, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone
- Phencyclidine: Phencyclidine
See Laboratory Report
Prescription Drug Monitoring, Pain Management